Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pig & Cow

A rich man asked his minister," Why is it that everybody calls me stingy when everyone knows that when I die I'm leaving everything I have to this church?"

The minister said:" Let me tell you the story of the pig & the cow. The pig was unpopular & the cow was beloved. This puzzled the pig. The pig said to the cow, 'People speak warmly of your gentle nature & your soulful eyes. They think you are generous because each day you give them milk & cream. But what about me? I give them every thing I have. I give bacon & ham. I provide bristles for brushes. They even pickle my feet. Yet no one likes me. Why is that?'

The minister continued:" Do you know what the cow answered? She said,' Perhaps it's because I give while I'm still living.'"

We have a choice today to be a pig or a cow.
 

No comments: